Add to your seasonal decor with this DIY simple fall pumpkin wreath that took just minutes to make. Not to mention it was super affordable and under $12 total.
One thing I really love are super easy and cheap DIY projects. But ones that look a little higher end that fit in with my style (not that I am at all high end, but you know what I mean!)
This year I am trying not to go out and buy a bunch of new fall decor, but rather keep it simple and throw in a few of these type of projects here and there.
I went to the dollar store recently to see what all they had this season, and I was pleasantly surprised. I found these green sweater pumpkin clips and thought they would be perfect for a DIY fall wreath.
The total amount I spent on this project was under $12 and took barely any time. And I love that you can customize it however you want.
Supplies Needed to Make Pumpkin Wreath
Instructions on How to Make Pumpkin Wreath
- Prepare your wreath ring for pumpkins. I used a steel ring I found at a craft store, and spray painted it a dark green. I wanted the ring to be hidden as much as possible.
2. Attach your pumpkins to the wreath ring. The pumpkins I used for this project had a clip on the bottom of each one, which really inspired this entire DIY.
I knew it would be simple to just attach them to a wreath ring without much hassle. If you want them to be a bit more secure, use hot glue too.
3. Attach a festive fall colored ribbon for a little extra detail. I used this velvet gold color ribbon. I love how it adds even more fall colors to the vignette.
Tips for Customizing Your DIY Fall Wreath
- Use different color pumpkins, or even different textures and sizes.
- Change up what kind of wreath form you want to use: grapevine, MDF, styrofoam, etc.
- Add in other fall elements like leaves, gourd’s, feathers, moss.
- The Best Fall Home Decor Finds | 2023
- Four Home Decor Items to Switch Out for Fall
- How to Create a Cozy Fall Patio
- Festive Fall Entryway
- Simple Plaid Fall Living Room