Create these easy DIY farmhouse candle pedestals anyone can make! Simple and beautiful for any space in your home!
I have five blog notebooks. Five of them. I carry each one around with me at different times and always jot down project ideas I have.
Some of those ideas are big, some are small. Some work, others don’t. That’s the name of the game though when it comes to being a DIYer.
I cannot tell you how many projects I have finished that I’ve never shared. I thought maybe they weren’t important enough for an entire blog post. They are mostly the smaller ones that don’t make the cut.
The little details that add charm to a space. The accessories of a room, I guess you could call them. These are my favorite parts, and I finally realized I want to share them.
This project is one of the more simple ideas I had. You can find me wandering around stores on the weekends in hopes that a project will fall into my lap.
I came across some little raw wood plaques one night, and after playing around with them for a few minutes had an idea. They would make great farmhouse candle pedestals for some new pillar candles I just bought.
So that’s just what I did.
Supplies Needed for Farmhouse Candle Pedestals
Affiliate links are provided below for your convenience. For more information, see my full disclosure here.
- Round Raw Wood Plaques of different sizes
- Wood Stain
- Sand block
- Wood Glue
- Sealer (Optional – I used this Hemp Oil)
- Pillar Candles
Directions for Farmhouse Candle Pedestals
- I started by staining the wood plaques with my favorite dark wood stain
- Once completely dry, I used my hand sander around the edges and top to give them an old, worn look
- Next, I cleaned off the dust from sanding them, and I used some hemp oil (which I LOVE to use on all my stained wood pieces to give them a finished clean look, and to seal it) on each round plaque
- You can also use some wood glue to add a small plaque to the top of a larger one to have a layered, taller candle pedestal
And guess what? Set a pillar candle on top and you are done! So. Simple.
More Easy DIY Projects
- Striped Farmhouse Tray
- Flower Market Sign
- Wooden Drill Bit Flower Holder
- Rustic Wooden Tote
- Chalkboard Menu
Pin Farmhouse Candle Pedestals for Later
So, are these worthy of a full blog post? Want to see more of my little baby projects like this one? I’d love to know!