This mini sourdough bread pizza recipe is hands down my favorite appetizer recipe around. My momma passed it along to me and I have been making them for gatherings ever since. They are super easy, and super addicting! The reason I love this recipe so much is because it makes a ton, so you can even use the leftover topping mix for a chip dip too! I heat a little up the next day and open a bag of Tostitos, and there ya have it. What’s better than a two in one recipe!? Um, Nothing. And especially since it involves pizza.
Make it your own! Just like a pizza you can choose different toppings, add in a little of this and a little of that. Or use a different mini bread. I go back and forth between the sourdough minis and the rye minis. It’s a fail proof deal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Hamburger
- 2 Jimmy Dean 16oz Pork Sausage rolls
- 32oz Velveeta Cheese block
- 12oz Bottle of Pizza Sauce ( I use a local pizza brand sauce from IMOS Pizza here in STL)
- 1 or 2 lb Cocktail Sourdough Bread (Depending on how many you want to make)
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In skillet, cook hamburger, season with Italian Seasoning, drain grease and set aside
- In skillet, cook pork sausage, drain grease and set aside
- Cut Velvetta Cheese block into 1 inch cubes
- Combine hamburger, pork sausage, and Velveeta cubes in large pan, heat on medium until cheese is mostly melted
- Add full bottle of pizza sauce, and mix all together until cheese is fully melted
- Spread spoonful of pizza mix on cocktail bread slices
- Bake in oven for 8-10mins until bread is toasted
What ingredients would you add? I would love to hear! The best part to me about cooking is learning new ways to cook your favorite dishes! Hope you like this one!