Are you tired of baby posts yet? I hope you aren’t, because my new journey through motherhood is something I would love to continue to share here. Obviously it’s still fresh and there are many different aspects that I want to write about, but I promise you I still have lots of home decor coming your way too!
Throughout my pregnancy and even today, I’ve spent a ton of time online reading posts just like this one sharing top newborn essentials. Being a first time mom, I remember being so overwhelmed when I had to start creating our registry. I researched every single baby item and was sure to ask my more experienced mom friends their input too. I know sometimes getting any advice is hard because every baby is so different, but my research was helpful enough to at least get me started.
Even though we are still totally new at this and most times winging it, I have found items that I absolutely love and don’t go a day without using. These are the ones I’m going to share with you today! Everything on this list is the exact item we have, and I couldn’t recommend it more!
Note: This post does contain affiliate links. When you click a link and make a purchase, I get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Any money I make helps keep this blog running, and I am so grateful to each one of you for your support!
- Burt’s Bees Sleepers – These have been my absolute favorite piece of clothing I have put Bailey in since she was born. They have footies so you don’t have to worry about socks, and the convertible mittens which are lifesavers when you don’t want to deal with separate ones that always fall off. Also they have a zipper, because nobody wants to mess with seventy-five buttons in the middle of the night when you need to do a quick diaper change.
- Sound Machine – So many of my friends recommended getting a sound machine to help with sleep. To be honest, we didn’t use ours a ton at first because we really didn’t have much trouble getting her to fall asleep. However, now that she is a little bigger, she’s been struggling with nap time during the day. I have been using this when I rock her and I swear it is key to getting her asleep for naps. And I love this one because it’s portable.
- BIBS Pacifiers – The BEST pacifier we have used. She loves these things, and they are great for nursing mamas because they resemble a nipple. They’re also made with natural rubber which is great. Highly recommend!
- Drying Rack – Since I have been pumping and bottle feeding now, we go through a lot of bottles in a day. This drying rack is so convenient to have sitting by your sink to let all your feeding gear dry.
- Diaper Caddy/Organizer – We are over two months in, and I have not once changed a diaper on our changing table. Since Bailey is still sleeping in our room, we keep all her changing essentials in this little diaper caddy and just change her on our bed. It’s nice to carry around from room to room if you need a quick change.
- Muslin Swaddle Blankets – True story: we got over thirty baby blankets from our baby showers. The blanket drawer is overflowing. And out of all of them, these muslin blankets are my favorite. They are light, airy, and so soft. We use multiples of these every single day.
- Burt’s Bees Burp Cloths – I mean, you can never have enough burp cloths laying around. I got a few different kinds to try and I always grab one of these one I need one. They are perfect for cleaning up messes, and are super soft. I have one draped on my shoulder at all times.
- DockATot – The MVP of newborn essentials. Bailey sleeps like a champ when she is in this thing, and knowing she’s in it eases my mommy mind because I know she’s snug in it. It is so convenient to carry around room to room for when she needs a nap, or just to lay down. I can’t say enough good things about this. Worth every penny!
- Boppy Newborn Lounger – If you aren’t the baby wearing type, this is perfect for when you want to get things done. It’s great to sit your baby in and go about your business. Perfect to move from room to room so you can keep an eye out too.
- Diaper Pail – No explanation needed. We keep this at the foot of our bed and have never once smelt a dirty diaper. It’s a lifesaver on the nose!
PIN FOR LATER