Blog Intentions for 2019
I have seriously been so excited to sit down and write this post. But before I do, I just want to take this time to say thank you! Thank you for being here, for taking the time out of your day to stop by and read this little blog of mine. I can’t express my gratitude enough, really I can’t.
For four and half years now this blog has been my little side hustle, my creative outlet outside my nine-to-five corporate job, that I hoped one day would be more. If you caught my post back in October (this one), then you know I was laid off that nine-to-five job after twelve years of working there. It was incredibly scary, but honestly it was a blessing in disguise.
After a lot of planning and praying, I’ve decided to take a leap of faith and commit to focusing on building this blog of mine for a while. I have some deadlines for growth I hope to meet in the upcoming months, and some financial goals as well I’ll need to hit. If all goes well, I hope to be doing this full time, instead of going back to corporate America.
You guys, this is my happy place. It is my absolute passion, and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I will never take this chance for granted because deep down I know it is part of God’s plan for me. I know it is going to be a lot of hard work too! But I am totally up for the challenge!
Okay, enough rambling! Let’s get to the good stuff! I have big plans for Little Glass Jar, some changes I want to make, and some intentions I have. Here are the main goals I want to accomplish in 2019:
- BE CONSISTENT – When I was working full time, it was difficult to post as often as I wanted to. I was so sporadic, and would go weeks or even a month without sharing anything. I hated that! So going into this year, I would like to commit to posting at least twice a week. Hopefully more as I get into a routine.
- EXPAND MY CONTENT – Home decor and DIY projects are my main content, and that will never change. However, I also love organizing and cleaning too, so I would like to add a lot more posts about those topics as well.
- GET MORE PERSONAL – Over the last year I have shared my IVF journey with you, and I loved all your feedback on that. And now that I am expecting our little one in July, I would love to share updates on how my pregnancy is going, and the transition into motherhood. Also simple things like, what I’m reading, or listening to, maybe a monthly favorites post?
- BUILD A COMMUNITY – This one is by far the most important one to me. You guys mean so much to me, and I want to really build better relationships with each and every one of you. Your emails, your comments on my posts, your interaction with me on social media, I LOVE IT ALL. I love talking to you guys and getting to know you!
- A BETTER EMAIL SYSTEM – Right now if you subscribe to my blog, you will basically get an email every time I post, with a link to that particular post. It’s a great way to know when a post goes live, but I want there to be more. So over the next month or two I will be working on a better system. There will also be bonus content and freebies that will just go out to my subscribers, like free printables or e-books. So be sure to sign up for those and keep an eye out! There is a subscribe box in the side bar and at the end of every post!
So those are my main goals this year, aside from providing great content. But I really really would love to hear from you too. I want to know why you are here, because YOU are the reason I am here!
What brings you back? What content that I share is your favorite? What do you want there to be more of? Less of? Is there a topic I need to cover? Can I source specific home decor items for you? I want to hear all your thoughts, so just scroll down and leave me a comment and tell me ALL THE THINGS!
I want this to be your happy place too. It means a lot to me that I am serving you with content you want, so I really look forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts!
This blog is my baby, well my second baby now! I have a feeling 2019 is going to be my favorite year of blogging yet! Thank you for taking this leap of faith with me! I love you guys!
Can’t wait to continue following as your keep creating content in 2019 – especially eager to see how a nursery and such comes together. Love your DIYs and home styling. Keep it coming.
Boy do you have an exciting 2019. Love your passion and that you have great vision. Everyone loves decorating tips. I like to feel included and to feel a place for information, inspiration and community.
Wishing you all the best with your endeavor.
Hope you’re feeling better as your pregnancy moves along as far as feeling nausea and tired. I know you have been waiting for a long time
My story is similar, last February when my corporate contract finished, I thought, why go back to that job that I really was never passionate about. Now, I’m doing full-time what I love and definitely not making enough money yet, but I feel so blessed to be a part of his community. Good luck.
Looking forward to the coming year, Ashley! I hope the Lord blesses your FT endeavors so you can stay home with that wee babe! 😉
I’m so excited about your new venture into full time blogging! When I read your email back in October introducing this new season for you I got excited for you and for watching your blog thrive in this new season. I am new to full time blogging myself and full of questions on how to make things work (the technical side of things is my struggle).
I enjoy your friendly, approachable personality and writing style, I hope you don’t mind a lengthier reply. 🙂
As for what I enjoy reading/learning about: Please continue with the DIY and home decor on a budget, these are a consistent favorite of mine. Also more organizing ideas… Personally I’d love to see the “why” in how an efficient kitchen is set up (by zones, by category, etc.). Laundry room and pantry organization would be great too! I’m wanting to create a home that is highly usable while still being attractively decorated.
In addition, I’d love to see some “behind-the-scenes” articles on staging, lighting, editing, and equipment for great photos like yours. How far out do you plan your content? Do you write posts in batches, or one at a time from start to finish? I started my blog in February of last year so the one year birthday is coming soon – I’m excited and I still have so much to learn!
Thank you for putting out such beautiful, motivating content – can’t wait to see what you’ve got planned for this year! Congrats on the new little one on the way!
I look forward to your little one coming on my birthday lol! I really like the down to earth decorating ideas. The blogs where the homes look like Oprah’s living there drive me insane…because really? Do you have 3 kids, 2 dogs, work 50 hrs a week outside the home and have a budget of $50 to decorate with???
I’m an upcycler so I like those ideas, I like decorating for holidays and while trends are fun…I also ideas that are timeless. I also like bloggers who show their human side…who sometimes show things that didn’t work……
Congrats on your new endeavors! WTG!
I recently discovered your blog (few months ago) and liked the down to earth tone in it and you sharing your story. I like all your goals as I’m mainly looking for decorating ideas of turning a house into a home and finding my style. I like someone I can relate to and who’s not wanting to decorate with things that are wayyy out of my price range. I think you can have a beautiful home without spending ALL your money on 1 item or having to do without others. I look for ideas on repurposing items and how to arrange furniture, add décor, etc. Having things in common and relating to the blogger are biggies for me. 😉 Good luck!!
How amazing and what an exciting 2019 you will be having. Congratulations on your bundle of joy this coming July. Great month I will have to say so myself, since that is my birthday month as well. 😉
I truly loved reading your blog and look forward to finding ways of fixing up something around my home, but mostly finding out how you are doing.
How awesome that you are taking that leap of faith and doing what you love and are passionate about. I am sure you will be very successful in this endeavor. I love your blog and look forward to reading it through 2019 with its new additions! The very best to you!
Congratulations on your resolve and decision to go all in with the blog! Even more so, congratulations on the news of your little one coming soon! Love your blog, and look forward to more in 2019.