Holidays

Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving is over and it’s officially time to pull out all of the Christmas decor and really go to town! I hope you all had a wonderful week with your family eating way too much food and celebrating everything there is to be thankful for over this holiday season! Like I mentioned in my last post, I decorated for Christmas a few weeks early this year and I don’t regret it for a second! I have absolutely loved having my Christmas tree out during Thanksgiving, but now I am looking forward to seeing all of the ways you all decorate yours! This year my whole theme is very rustic with neutral colors, so today I’m sharing my Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree, and I hope you all love it!

This is week two of our Christmas home tours hosted by my sweet friend Ashley from Cherished Bliss, and we are all sharing how we decorated our tree this year! If you missed week one, we showed you our Christmas Entryways, which you can find here. If you are coming from Setting for Four today, I am thrilled you are here and hope you take a look around!

christmas-tree-decorating-ideas

We actually moved our Christmas tree this year to a new area of our living room, and I am obsessed with it! It used to sit on the side of our couch in front of the window, but it was so crowded and it threw off the balance of the room, so we tried it in this little corner in front of our staircase instead, and I think it found its new permanent spot!

Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree

My Christmas themes each year are usually inspired by wrapping paper. Yep, you heard that right! I knew I wanted to go all natural and neutral this season, and to be honest the second I stepped into the store I thought there was no way I’d be able to find anything that doesn’t have the traditional Christmas red. Then I lingered over to the wrapping paper and found this incredible green gift wrap, and my theme was set! No reds! Just rustic brown, greens, and pops of white!

Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree

I also love garland! I used some rolls of frayed burlap and some white pom pom strands I found at Hobby Lobby. My ornaments are all super rustic, with some wood ones I stained, some dollar spot green trees, pine cones, and birch stars. I kept it super simple and didn’t want to jam the tree full so it took away from the natural feel of the tree being a bit more bare and raw.

Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree

The magic always happens when you turn on the lights! I seriously cannot get enough of the tree glow at night! The second I get home from work, even when the light it still dim, I turn it on and don’t want to leave the room! I wish pictures did it justice!

Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree

Thoughts on my Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree!?

Be sure to follow along and visit all of my fellow bloggers beautiful Christmas Trees too!

FOLLOW THE TOUR: Next up is my friend Jen from My Fabuless Life!  You guys, her tree is BEAUTIFUL! Go see for yourself!

my-fabuless-life-1

Next Monday. Christmas decorated living rooms! See you then!

• Reply Ardith November 28, 2016 at 8:51 am

Wow. Simply stunning. Wow. Happy Holidays, Ardith

• Reply Laura Jo November 28, 2016 at 11:21 am

It’s beautiful Ashley! I love your wooden ornaments!

• Reply White Christmas Tree - Rustic Glam Style - Setting for Four November 28, 2016 at 12:23 pm

[…] Be sure to hop on over to Little Glass Jar right now to see her beautiful  –>> Neutral Rustic Christmas Tree! […]

• Reply Heather Luckhurst November 28, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Love the pom pom trim!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:07 am

Thanks so much Heather! It was my favorite too!

• Reply Jenn November 28, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Oh those wood ornaments and pom pom trim just make me happy! So pretty as always!!

• Reply Gloribell Lebron November 28, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I always gravitate towards these types of decor; rustic with lots of natural elements. Love the simplicity and details of your tree. Simply amazing!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:09 am

Thank you so so much!!! I love this style too, my favorite!

• Reply Beth December 1, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Such a cute tree! I love the white garland and all the pine cones!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:10 am

The garland is my fav! Glad you thought so too!

• Reply Sheila Irwin December 5, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Ashley!

I’ve seen your decor on IG but I think this might be my first visit to the blog and wow! This tree is sooo up my alley! I did the same this year – got rid of all the red and focused my Christmas decor on just brown, green, white and gold. It’s so peaceful and serene! I absolutely love your tree and so many of those wood ornaments!

Also, I think it’s funny that you mentioned wrapping paper because I literally went to HG and TJ Maxx and even Target and the Hallmark store and it was hard to find ANYTHING that didn’t have red! Maybe next year they will catch on and you and I can stock up!

Love your blog and your home! Merry Christmas!

Sheila
    xo

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:17 am

Oh my goodness, we are completely on the same page then! So glad you stopped in Shelia! LOVE your home by the way, its absolutely stunning!!!

• Reply Brenda December 13, 2016 at 11:34 am

Beautiful! I love the garland and all the natural elements. It’s actually a lot more toddler friendly than a lot of Christmas tree decor usually is (ok, a toddler could crush those pine cones, but it’s at least less dangerous than breaking a glass ornament).

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:42 am

LOL! Hey I take that as a huge compliment! Beautiful AND toddler friendly is a win in my book! Thanks so much!

• Reply Cindy December 14, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hi Ashley,Have just taken a quick look at some of the ideas on your blog,but can tell you have a real talent! Love your natural rustic tree! Have a lovely Christmas and blessings in the new year!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:41 am

That is so kind of you to say! I appreciate that more than you know! Thank you!