Home Tour

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!  Christmas time! It’s also time again for you to grab a cup of hot cocoa, cuddle up in a cozy blanket, and enjoy all of the lovely Christmas Home Tours that have been going on recently here in the blogging world. I am super excited to have teamed up with some of my favorite ladies again to bring you our Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. I participated in my first fall tour with them back in October that you can find [here].  More than sharing my home with all of you, I encourage you to go and visit all of theirs as well! Who doesn’t love being nosey and getting to peek inside other peoples houses?! I know I am not alone in this! I promise you will absolutely be inspired and it will put you in the holiday spirit!

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Living Room Tree

The first room up is our living room. Like I said in the fall home tour, this room hasn’t really been touched yet since we moved in…(ahem…almost 3 years ago…)! It is in desperate need of a makeover, which will be coming soon, hopefully. For now, I just work with what I have! Since I use mostly  neutral colors, I really wanted to add in pops of red and a lot of greenery for the holidays.

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Rustic Living Room

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Living Room Christmas Tree

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Living Room Presents

Christmas Tour 2015 016

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Christmas Tree

For me it was all about buffalo check and plaid this Christmas! I tried to separate the two and keep the check in our living and dining room, and the plaid in our guest room. It pairs so nicely with the natural greenery and wreaths I have throughout the house. Also I have a secret, that cute little black and white pillow is made from two Target Dollar Spot placemats! I just sewed them together and stuffed them!

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Living room Christmas decor

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Vintage Red Crate

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Christmas Greenery

Our dining room is always my favorite to decorate. I started with the same buffalo check placemats that I made that cute pillow out of on the table, and just went from there. I used some already wrapped presents to stack on top of our hutch to bring in a pop of red, and lots of greenery!

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Hutch

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Dining Room Hutch

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Hutch Presents

Can we address my complete obsession with brass candlesticks right now!? I love them. I actually just have a general obsession with any candlestick at the moment, but these…I absolutely adore! I think they go so well on our farmhouse table surrounded by pinecone stems.

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Dining Table

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Candlesticks

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Brass Candles

So,  this book idea was a happy accident. Don’t you love those? I was going to just stack a few red books under my brass candlesticks to keep the flow of color going in this space, but then I set the book down like so, and it just worked! I gathered up more vintage red books and used them as kind of a place setting. I love love love how this looks!

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Red Books

Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour. Table Setting

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Tablescape

On we go to the guest room…my favorite Christmas room of them all! I hate to say this, because I am not the best at lighting, and photography in general, but my photos do not do justice to how warm and inviting this room is. I mixed a lot of elements and patterns, and it just goes so nicely together.

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Guest Bedroom

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Blanket

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Plaid Presents

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Chest

Farmhouse Chrismas Home Tour. Chest Decor

My office isn’t really done being put together, but I did manage to get my advent calendar up and running! such a fun little DIY project! All the details on it (here).

Advent Calendar 2015

I hope you enjoyed my Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour! Do not forget to check out all of these other ladies BEAUTIFUL Christmas homes!

• Reply wendy / life on the shady grove December 9, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Loved it Ash!!!!
    wendy / life on the shady grove recently posted…Sunday Sheep Ponderings – December 6, 2015My Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:21 pm

So glad you stopped by Wendy! Thanks so much!

• Reply Ardith December 9, 2015 at 6:34 pm

It’s all so lovely, Ashley. Love the buffalo print pillow and placemats you made, the mix of plaid and Scandinavian weaves. Happy Holidays, Ardith

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Ardith, you are so kind! Thanks so much for the sweet comments! And yes, love the buffalo check!!!

• Reply Paige.Rose December 9, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Everything was so fresh & festive. I loved the bedroom! Happy Thursday!!

Paige.Rose
    from
    Paige.Rose recently posted…{ 2015 Christmas Living Room }My Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Thank you Paige! The bedroom is my FAVORITE!

• Reply Deb December 10, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Love all the details you add to your home! I love those candles on your dining table…I saw something similar at a vintage shop yesterday, kicking myself for not picking them up now!
    Deb recently posted…The Creative Circle Link PartyMy Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Haha, I have actually been passing these brass ones up from our local flea market for weeks and finally decided I needed them 🙂

• Reply Melissa December 10, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Absolutely LOVING the red books! Gorgeous decorations and don’t doubt yourself on lighting/photography! You have some stunning pictures and I totally get the essence of your winter wonderland 🙂

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:35 pm

That means so much! I am always stressing about my photography! Thank you so much Melissa!

• Reply Keila December 10, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Ashley! Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Every single detail is elegant and cozy! My favorite is the tree! Just the right amount of ornaments! I also really love the books on the dining table! Genius!

• Reply Ashley Broviak December 13, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Oh Kelia, you are just so sweet! Thanks girl! XOXO!

• Reply Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling December 11, 2015 at 11:32 am

I love the classic red, white and black colors! And all the plaid, yay!
    Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling recently posted…DIY Felt Snowflake MittensMy Profile

• Reply Virginia Fynes December 11, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Oh your decor is so beautiful, I love the pops of red!

• Reply Krista December 12, 2015 at 9:38 am

Very pretty Ashley! I love your crisp Christmas colour scheme – it feels so warm and cozy and like home!!
    Krista recently posted…25 Simple & Creative DIY Gift Ideas {for teachers, coworkers, hostesses, & friends}My Profile

• Reply Sherry H. October 4, 2016 at 9:31 pm

How adorable AND inspiring! Can’t wait to try some of your ideas, if you don’t mind! I’ve heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Again, thanks so much for sharing your home and adorable, warm and inviting ideas with all of us.

Sherry H.