DIY

Vintage Door Headboard

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Or woman in my case! I have always loved this saying because it is a direct reflection of my style, and it is so true! Sometimes I am just in awe of how you can find exactly what you are looking for in a secondhand store, rather than a big higher end one. For instance, we have been looking into getting a new headboard for our guest bedroom since we moved into our house, but we weren’t having much luck.  It has been driving me crazy because I felt a headboard was the one big detail that was missing from the guest room space. Then fate stepped in as it always does, and I found an old vintage closet door that I instantly knew would be perfect for our bed. Did I buy it right then and there? Of course not! I passed it up on multiple occasions and regretted it every time until finally I knew I had to pull the trigger before someone else did. Another saying, here today gone tomorrow would have haunted me if I didn’t buy this door. Plus, it was only $39.00! Why I make things more difficult and stressful than they should be is beyond me!

I loaded it up, brought it home, and recruited my wonderful husband to help me turn this door into a beauty of a headboard. Since it was a closet door rather than a full size door, it was super easy to turn into the Vintage Door Headboard of my dreams!

Vintage Door Headboard. Pin

Vintage Door Headboard. DIY

We added two 2x4s as the legs, using 3 screws on each leg to attached it, and bolted it to the metal bedframe as well. I painted the raw wood black to make it look like one cohesive piece.  And that is it! Again, super simple as always! And very sturdy too!

Vintage Door Headboard. Black Door Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. Easy Door Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. Simple DIY Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. Super Easy Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. DIY Door Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. Easy DIY Headboard

Vintage Door Headboard. Super Simple Headboard

Hope you love it! I think it completely changed the room for the better.

• Reply Kristi November 16, 2015 at 8:28 am

It’s absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the black!!!
    Kristi recently posted…Frugal Crafty Blog Hop #154My Profile

• Reply Krista November 16, 2015 at 9:34 am

It is so fabulous Ashley! I love this project!! We have done a couple of these in the past – such a great way to make a unique headboard!
    Krista recently posted…DIY Chalkboard Wood Slice Napkin Ring Place Cards {& Thanksgiving Hop}My Profile

• Reply Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling November 16, 2015 at 11:13 am

So stunning! The black makes such a statement in the room.
    Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling recently posted…Glitter Bottle Brush TreesMy Profile

• Reply Brag Worthy Thursday- 6 - HAWTHORNE & MAIN November 19, 2015 at 4:01 am

[…] Little Glass Jar: DIY Vintage Door Headboard […]

• Reply 6 Beautiful Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas November 19, 2015 at 5:01 am

[…] Glass Jar: DIY Vintage Door Headboard – Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas Part 2 & BWT#6 - Little Glass Jar November 19, 2015 at 5:01 am

• Reply teri November 19, 2015 at 8:00 am

Yes. LOVE it for sure!

• Reply Rustic Wood Drink Coaster - livelaughrowe.com January 27, 2016 at 12:01 am

[…] I would love to have you! Here is another fun project you will see over there of mine, like this Vintage Door Headboard we have in our […]

• Reply 4 Fabulous Spaces + BWT #17 - Bless'er House February 18, 2016 at 5:01 am

[…] Glass Jar: DIY Vintage Door Headboard – Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply Jamie | anderson + grant February 18, 2016 at 8:58 am

Fabulous idea! I saved an old door that I found in my grandma’s garage before it was torn down for the same purpose….and now that you’ve made it look so easy, I need to get it done!!! Loving the black, too.
    Jamie | anderson + grant recently posted…Easy Tip for Storing Wet Rags and Towels Until Laundry DayMy Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak April 6, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Yes! Do it Jamie! SO EASY! It seriously took me no time to get this done! I cannot wait to see yours finished! Xo!

• Reply Farmhouse Guest Bedroom - Little Glass Jar March 31, 2016 at 8:30 pm

[…] bright look. Matched with a cute little burlap pillow, and against our DIY Vintage Door Headboard [here], it all ties together […]

• Reply Kylie May 22, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Hi! I like the door a lot and I LOVE the saying above, could I ask where you got it??? Thankyou!!! ? kylie

• Reply Ashley Broviak May 25, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Of course! I got it from the cutest Etsy shop called Maebels! LOVE IT!

• Reply Karen O'Connor December 30, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Have you tried Annie Sloane Chalk Paint? I think you would love it.

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 5, 2017 at 12:23 am

I actually have not! YET! I totally have been meaning to pick some up next time I run across a vendor nearby. What colors do you suggest? I can’t wait to try it out! 🙂