All in the Details

Farmhouse Dining Room

You’ve seen this room before, probably because it is currently my favorite in our house. It all started with a beautiful handcrafted farmhouse table made by my talented father in law, and the decoration process was all downhill from there! You know when you completely revolve a room design around a specific piece of furniture, or a certain fabric that you love? Like that one piece was your inspiration for an entire room? That is exactly how this went. This table turned out to be the perfect addition to our dining room and inspired everything else that fell into place afterwards.

I’d like to think of my style as modern farmhouse, with lots of vintage finds that add character. Everyone has their own way of decorating their house, so I thought I would start a new series I’m calling All in the Details where I share parts of my house and how you can achieve the same look! I’ll share sources on pieces I love, and maybe some still on my wishlist. First space up, our farmhouse dining room!

Farmhouse Dining Room

Most of what you see in this room are thrifted finds or handmade. Like the rest of my house, I stick with pretty much all natural, neutral colors. This  room is pretty much finished, other than a new light fixture and window treatment for our slider/bay window. I’ll share my thoughts on those too towards the end.

Farmhouse Dining Room

A cute table centerpiece is essential! I like to give mine some height in the middle of our seven foot table, so I always use greenery of some kind to do that. Here I used an old minnow bucket that I found at an antique mall to display my greenery in. I love the patina of it and it matched well in the room! I have it sitting on a wood slice inside of this round basket, with some adorable mason jar salt and pepper shakers.

Farmhouse Dining Room

Also on our farmhouse table is my favorite villa striped table runner, paired with some old brass candle sticks I scored at our local flea market. I am obsessed with candlesticks of all kind right now…brass, wooden, glass, you name it! I switch them out with the seasons.

Farmhouse Dining Room

The hutch you see was a hand me down that I gave a makeover you can see [here].  Once that was done I filled it up with some of my favorite things! Ironstone platters and pitchers, cow creamers, vintage coffee grinders, cake plates, and other miscellaneous old finds.

Farmhouse Dining Room

To accent the hutch, I made some DIY shutters [here] that I hung on each side. On the top of the hutch I placed some seriously adorable tobacco baskets that I am in love with!!!

Farmhouse Dining Room

Lastly, what’s a good dining room without some perfect chairs!? I found these awesome black Windsor back chairs online that went perfect with our farmhouse table.  I bought my favorite jute rug to put under the table, and added this fiddle leaf fig tree in an oversized basket.

S O U R C E   L I S T

• Farmhouse Table – Built by my father in law
  • Winsor back chairs – Overstock
  • Black Villa Stripe Table Runner – World Market
  • Brass Candlesticks – Flea Market Find
  • Mason Jar Salt and Paper Shakers – Target
  • Round Basket – Michaels
  • Wood Slab – Bed Bath and Beyond
  • Minnow Bucket – Antique Mall
  • Greenery – Michaels
  • Hutch – Furniture makeover
  • Shutters – DIY
  • Ironstone platters and pitchers – Antique Mall
  • Coffee Grinders/ Cutting Board/ Metal Boxes/ Antique salt and pepper shakers /Scale – Antique Mall
  • Metal Cake Stand – Red Door Furniture Co.
  • Glass Cake Stand – Bed Bath and Beyond
  • Tobacco Baskets – DΓ©cor Steals
  • Cow Creamers – TJ Maxx/Home Goods
  • Jute Rug – Rugs USA
  • Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree – Walmart
  • Oversized Basket – Home Goods

W I S H L I S T

• French Doors to replace slider to our deck
  • Window Treatment
  • New Light Fixture – Lowes

Lowes Lighting

Thoughts on our Farmhouse Dining Room? I hope you like it!

• Reply Colleen January 20, 2016 at 2:33 pm

I love this space! It’s so pretty and classic. I love the white dishes!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 20, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Thank you very much Colleen! I have a small obsession with ironstone, it’s so pretty to display!

• Reply Megan January 20, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I don’t know which part I like the best because I like all of it! Also, I really like the light fixture you have in mind. It will look great above the table!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 20, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Thank you so much Megan!!! So glad you like it all! Thanks for visiting πŸ™‚

• Reply Paige.Rose January 20, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Such a simple, but pretty space! The wood shutters are everything !!!!! πŸ™‚
    -Paige.Rose
    Paige.Rose recently posted…{ The Quaint Sanctuary…ALL about it!!! }My Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 27, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Thanks Paige! I do love those shutters…and they were easy to make!

• Reply Jamie | anderson + grant January 21, 2016 at 10:27 am

Love this room, Ashley…..I’m completely swooning over the minnow basket!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 27, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Me too! I love the patina of it! Thanks for stopping by friend!

• Reply Sandra Lillard January 24, 2016 at 10:06 am

Simply beautiful Ashley!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 27, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Thanks so much Sandy!!! So glad you stop by here! Hope all is well! XOXO!

• Reply Sue at Blu January 25, 2016 at 7:17 am

Perfect little details! Love those little cows with the ironstone! And that little grinder! Beautiful!

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 27, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Thank you! Aren’t the cow creamers adorable!? I couldn’t help myself with all the rest! Antiques are my weakness!

• Reply Lindsay Eidahl January 25, 2016 at 9:55 am

Love all the decor! Those shutters are amazing! Beautiful space!

• Reply Kristi @ Chatfield Court January 25, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Such a pretty space. Love the table runner and those shutters are awesome! Pinned!

• Reply Meegan January 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Beautiful choices. I love all the textures and creativity. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 27, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Thanks for visiting! Such sweet comments πŸ™‚

• Reply Lanita Anderson January 28, 2016 at 6:37 am

Love your farmhouse decor – especially the way you decorated your hutch! What great vintage finds…. Love your blog and just signed up to be a subscriber! Blessings to you….

• Reply Ashley Broviak April 6, 2016 at 9:25 pm

You are so so sweet!!!! I am so glad you are here and I appreciate the feedback and kind words more than you know! Xo!

• Reply 4 Fun Valentine Day's Crafts- Brag Worthy Thursday 14 - HAWTHORNE AND MAIN January 28, 2016 at 8:37 am

[…] Glass Jar: Farmhouse Dining Room – Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply Christy @ Our Southern Home January 28, 2016 at 11:14 am

Absolutely lovely! So happy I’ve discovered your blog!

• Reply Colleen@LilacDriveDesigns January 28, 2016 at 11:59 am

Love this, looks great! Just discovered your blog today!

• Reply Ashlea January 30, 2016 at 1:21 pm

You have done such a beautiful job on curating all of the pieces in this space. Love your hutch styling πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Ashley Broviak April 6, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Such a nice compliment! I appreciate it so much! I had fun styling that hutch! Glad you like it πŸ™‚

• Reply Sam @ Raggedy Bits March 4, 2016 at 6:20 pm

WOW what a gorgeous way you have styled everything! Just stunning!! Love it all!! πŸ™‚
    Sam @ Raggedy Bits recently posted…Simple Ways using Numbers to DecorateMy Profile

• Reply 4 Fun Valentine's Day Crafts + BWT 14 - Little Glass Jar March 30, 2016 at 5:58 pm

• Reply Farmhouse Guest Bedroom - Little Glass Jar March 31, 2016 at 8:30 pm

[…] if you haven’t seen our Farmhouse Dining Room yet, be sure to check it […]

• Reply Teri June 5, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Beautiful!!!!

• Reply Shelley @ Calypso in the Country July 13, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Love this look and I love those chairs! The table is beautiful as well…so sad to see I can’t buy it somewhere. Oh well…
    Shelley

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 16, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Thank you so so much Shelley! Sorry about the table! I wish we could have him made you one and ship it to you! Lol. XO!

• Reply Niki August 1, 2016 at 11:42 am

Absolutely gorgeous! What it the paint color? It looks like such a perfect gray!

• Reply Ashley Broviak August 23, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Thank you! It’s actually a taupe! It’s called Tony Taupe by Sherwin Williams!

• Reply Niki August 1, 2016 at 11:43 am

*is lol

• Reply Finally Fall Home Tour 2016 - Little Glass Jar October 3, 2016 at 6:46 am

[…] up, our farmhouse style dining room. This is the first room that was somewhatly finished after we moved in nearly 4 years ago. I still […]

• Reply Favorite Posts of 2016 - Little Glass Jar December 28, 2016 at 12:00 am