Home Tour

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes 2015

I cannot think of a better way to celebrate the first day of fall than this! When I first started reading home décor blogs my absolute favorite time of the year was when all of the Fall Home Tours would begin. [Because I am fall obsessed, in case you didn’t already know…since I tell you every chance I get…] I am so thrilled to now actually be sharing my own! I have teamed up this year with 14 other amazing and talented bloggers to bring you our Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes 2015. This week has already been so much fun touring all these lovely ladies beautiful homes! I love that I get to take a peek inside all of their spaces to see how they all decorate for my favorite season in their own way.  So if you are like me and you slowly drive past peoples houses to see if you can get a glimpse inside a few open windows, in a very non-creepy way, this is so much easier!  I just adore them all, and I really hope that you take the time to go look for yourself! They will not disappoint!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Bloggers

So let’s get on with it already! This is my very first fall home tour on the blog, so forgive me for being a little bit nervous! I’m sure as the years go on I will get better at this, until then…here goes nothing!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Living Room close up.

I mentioned in a previous post that I had such a hard time deciding which direction I wanted to go with my fall colors, because we all know a good color scheme is so important!  My first shopping trip resulted in a lot of your typical orange, red, and yellows. I don’t hate these colors by any means, especially when it comes to decorating for this season, but it just wasn’t working for my space, so I tried again. This time around I wanted to be more true to what I love, and my love lies with neutrals! I swapped out my orange pumpkins for white ones, my bright leaves for dark fall foliage, and started decorating!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Gather Pillow.

I don’t share our living room a lot because it’s a room I haven’t even started decorating yet. To me, it’s untouched. The couches I’ve had since I very first moved out of my parents house, the coffee table, if you can even call it that, is an old bench I picked up at the flea market, and the end tables are hand-me-downs I just spray painted white. For now, it works for us. I feel like it’s such a big project that I eventually will take on once a few other smaller projects are done.

Farmhouse Fall Home Tours. Lantern

I added a few fall touches with the Gather pillow I picked up at Micheals, white pumpkins, and some deep red fall foliage I found at Hobby Lobby. Paired with some old aged brass and ironstone pitchers, I loved how the deep red looked like little mums, since let’s be honest, I can’t keep a real plant alive to save my life!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Fall throw.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Vase with flowers.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Wreath.

Farmhouse Fall Home Tours. DIY Wreath.

See that adorable wreath hanging on the window pane? I made that! My good friend Kelly from Live Laugh Rowe shared it over on her blog and I loved it so much I had to make my own! It’s made out of cut up drop cloth! Genius right? Find her easy tutorial and make your own [here].  I am loving how it looks in our house!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Living Room and Dining Room.

Now on to my favorite room in the whole house, our dining room! I really love decorating this room, mostly because it’s just so easy to decorate! The hutch belonged to my in-laws and was a piece they were getting rid of, but I figured we could use it since we had just moved into our house. A couple coats of white paint later and it’s become one of my favorite spots in this room to store some of my antique finds.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Hutch.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Wood Candlestick.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Dining Room.

I messed around with my table centerpiece a lot when I was trying to pull this room together. I decided for now to keep it simple with a DIY drop cloth table runner (tutorial coming soon), old shutter, some thrifted wood candlesticks (I’ve been on a kick collecting these lately!), and some fall touches with the pine cones and dark red foliage.  I originally had my table all set, but I figured I’d save that to share more towards Thanksgiving!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Red flowers in pitcher.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Harvest Sign.

The Harvest sign…swoon! We all know I love to make hand painted signs. This one was a very last minute project. I’m talking in between taking pictures kind of deal. I busted out my Silhouette Cameo and finished it quick enough to add it in to the fall tour.  So glad I did, because it looks great in front of my Décor Steals Tobacco Baskets on our hutch.  Sadly I didn’t have time to whip up the apple pie below, had to settle for the store bought! Shhhhhh!

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Apple Pie.

DIY Fall Mini Wreath. 7

Next stop, my office! I feel like I have been working on this room forever, but it is finally almost done and ready to share. I added a few fall touches here and there with the wheat and more white pumpkins. I am seriously loving these pumpkins you guys! The little sign was another last minute DIY sign I did made out of wood shims.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Office Cabinet.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Home. Wheat.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Office Pumpkins.

Last quick stop, our guest room. I seriously love this room and can’t wait to share it with you in all of its glory! For now, just a few peeks! I didn’t go crazy in this room, but decorated it entirely around this green flannel camp blanket I scored at the flea market a few years back. I never had a place for it since I don’t carry much green throughout the house, but it worked in here with all of the neutrals just for fall! My apologies for the dark pictures. I didn’t plan on adding this room in to the tour but snapped a few shots at the end of the day.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Sign.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Guest Bedroom.

Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes. Green Blanket.

So that’s that! I hope you enjoyed getting to take a look inside my home for our Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes! Remember you can play along on Instagram too using the hashtag #farmhousefalltour! Here is the lineup for the rest of the week!

Monday
Meadow Lake Road | Migonis Home | Bless’er House

Tuesday
The Fat Hydrangea | Sypsie Designs | The Refined Relic

Wednesday
Anderson + Grant | Seeking Lavender Lane | Little Glass Jar

Thursday
Gracie Blue | Home Remedies | Home by Heidi

Friday
Home by Ally | Cherished Bliss | Dandelion Patina

• Reply Cindy September 23, 2015 at 9:02 am

Love your decorations for fall everything looks beautiful and I enjoy your blog

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Thank you so much Cindy!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to come stop by! Glad you enjoyed the tour!

• Reply Deb September 23, 2015 at 9:33 am

Gorgeous Ashley! You are so talented and your home is so beautiful! Love all your touches and that green plaid throw is a great color…yet to see one like that!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Oh my, thanks so so much sweet friend! The green color is something I haven’t seen much of either! I’m glad I could work it in!

• Reply Lauren September 23, 2015 at 10:05 am

Beautiful, Ashley! I think your dining room is my favorite. So many great details!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Thanks Lauren!!! My dining room is one of my favorites too! Glad you like it! Thanks for visiting! Xoxo!

• Reply Paige.Rose September 23, 2015 at 10:40 am

I think you did great for your first fall tour!!!! Loved the cozy, laid back feel!! Super cute girl!!

Paige.Rose
    From

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Thank you very much Paige! Glad I got the first tour done! Thanks for checking it out!

• Reply Renee @ The Refined Relic September 23, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Ashley, your home looks beautiful. I have to agree with Lauren, your dining room is my favorite. I love all the signs and plaid throws. Great job.

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Thank you so very much! So glad we got to team up for these tours!!! So much fun!

• Reply Erin September 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Girl, you have no reason to be nervous because you knocked it out of the park!! I love everything about your home! Your decorating skills are perfection. Way to go, Ashley 🙂

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Aweee Erin thanks, you are too sweet! I had so much fun! Love working with all you ladies! Xoxo!

• Reply Sara @ The Fat Hydrangea September 23, 2015 at 1:12 pm

This is beautiful!! I couldn’t wait to see this based on the sneak peek you put on instagram earlier this week! Looks awesome!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Thanks so much girl! I couldn’t wait for yours too! I am obsessed with your dining room!

• Reply Sara September 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Wow! So beautiful and cozy! Love your style. The pictures rock too!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Oh good! I am always so worried about my picture taking skills! Haha! I am still learning! Thanks for all of you kind comments!

• Reply Cammi Allen September 23, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Everything is so very pretty, and was that a shutter I spied as your table centerpiece? What a great look, and so creative!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:13 pm

It sure was a shutter you spied! Pulled right off the wall in our guest room! Haha! Thank you so much to visiting!

• Reply Mama Fortel September 24, 2015 at 9:51 am

Ashley,
    I truly enjoyed your “Fabulous Fall Home Tour” of your beautiful house! You are a truly talented photog! Happy Fall YA’LL!

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Oh Maureen! Thank you so much! Love and miss you! XOXO!

• Reply Jamie | anderson + grant September 24, 2015 at 11:46 am

You’d never guess this was your first fall tour. You did a perfect job capturing your home. I love the look of the harvest sign in front of the tobacco baskets.

• Reply Ashley Broviak September 29, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Thanks Jamie! LOVED your tour too! So fun to work together on this! Glad I got my first one under the belt!

• Reply It's Friday, I'm In Love - Little Glass Jar September 25, 2015 at 10:57 pm

[…] Friday!!! It was Farmhouse Fall Tour of Homes week and I am just blown away by the talented group of ladies I teamed up with this year! If you […]

• Reply Amy@HomeRemedies October 4, 2015 at 10:01 pm

So very pretty, Ashley! I’m in love with your cozy dining room – so many lovely farmhouse details! And the handmade sign is the perfect finishing touch!

• Reply Kristi October 5, 2015 at 8:17 am

Everything looks SO cozy and gorgeous!

• Reply Kelly October 5, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Yay for Fall. Everything looks lovely and I blushed when I saw the drop cloth wreath. HUGS!!!

• Reply Ashley Broviak October 7, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Yes! Yay for Fall! And thank YOU for the lovely tutorial on that fun wreath!!! XOXO!

• Reply Alexis October 6, 2015 at 12:29 am

Oh! What a beautiful home! Great job with your first fall home tour, Ashley! 🙂

• Reply Ashley Broviak October 7, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Thank you so much!!! I was stressed over it, but glad you liked it! Glad number one is in the bag!

• Reply Pumpkin Plate Chargers - Little Glass Jar October 7, 2015 at 5:01 am

[…] I am sharing these easy, wood DIY Pumpkin Plate Chargers! A few weeks ago when I posted my Farmhouse Fall Home Tour, my dining room table was missing a good fall table scape setting. What better way to celebrate […]

• Reply DIY Autumn Banner - livelaughrowe.com October 9, 2015 at 12:00 am

[…] to see more of how I decorated my house for fall? Yes? No? Maybe so? Check out my very first ever Fall Home Tour over at Little Glass Jar! I had a blast joining in with 14 other talented ladies to bring you a […]

• Reply Rebecca Francis October 10, 2015 at 10:19 am

For some reason I keep getting an error message when I try to subscribe to your blog. Can you help me? Thank you Rebecca

• Reply Ashley Broviak October 11, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Oh no! I’m sorry Rebecca! I tested a few emails and I am not getting an error, so would you mind shooting me an email to ashleybroviak@littleglassjar.com with a screenshot or just describing what the error is reading. I absolutely don’t want you to miss anything here on the blog! Thanks so much!

• Reply Lucy October 12, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Ashley, Your home is BEAUTIUL! I love the subtle colors of your décor. Thanks for the peek!

• Reply Ashley Broviak October 12, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Thanks for visiting!!! Glad you stopped by, and thanks so much for the sweet comments!

• Reply Vanessa October 23, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I love your house!! I think it’s what style I’m looking for to decorate my house. A country with a touch of modern. I’m totally going to steal some ideas. 🙂 And, keep stopping by your blog!

• Reply Ashley Broviak October 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Oh my goodness, you are too sweet! PLEASE take as many ideas as you want! That makes my whole day, since that is why I blog in the first place! Thank you so much for following along! XOXO!

• Reply Vanessa November 5, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Plus, I noticed you’re a Missouri girl too!! I’m actually about 4 hours south of you in South Central MO!!

• Reply Brag Worthy Thursday-4 November 5, 2015 at 3:01 am

[…] Little Glass Jar:  Fall Home Tour […]

• Reply Brag-Worthy Thursday #4 & 6 Delicious Fall Treats » Colour Saturated Life November 5, 2015 at 3:57 am

[…] Glass Jar: Fall Home Tour – Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply 6 Delicious Fall Treats November 5, 2015 at 5:01 am

• Reply Delicious Fall Treats & BWT #4 - Little Glass Jar November 5, 2015 at 5:01 am

[…] Glass Jar:  Fall Home Tour – Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply Six Delicious Fall Treats + BWT No. 4 - Meadow Lake Road November 5, 2015 at 4:23 pm

[…] Glass Jar: Fall Home Tour Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | […]

• Reply Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour - Little Glass Jar December 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm

[…] Home Tour. I participated in my first fall tour with them back in October that you can find [here].  More than sharing my home with all of you, I encourage you to go and visit all of theirs as […]

• Reply Samantha June 5, 2017 at 8:47 pm

I love your living room! May I ask where you got the purple pillows, the white button pillows, and the light blue throw?

Thanks!

• Reply Ashley Broviak June 12, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I believe all of these pillows and the grey throw came from TJ Maxx or Home Goods!