Welp, summer is officially over in my book! I know the first day of fall isn’t technically until September 23th, but close enough right?! I always consider after Labor Day fair game when it comes to transitioning into pumpkin season. I am completely and utterly obsessed with this time of the year. I could write a book about how much I love it. The cooler weather alone puts me in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week good mood, and don’t even get me started on fall decorating! Well, yes, let’s do go there! I took full advantage of some Labor Day sales this weekend and loaded up on some new fall decorations. Last year I purged a lot of it because it was pretty old, so I had to restock. And I am not complaining about that!
Every year I have certain fall go-tos that I consider my Autumn Essentials. I seriously cannot go a season without them. I thought I would stray from my typical DIY post and give you the run down of my list. I already know you and I share some of these must haves, so let me know what we have in common when it comes to my favorite season….ever!
- Fall Wreath // Dress up your front door outside, or mirrors inside. Last year I made my own for my Fall Front Porch.
- Copper Mug // You always need a cute mug for your hot cocoa or coffee when the weather gets cold.
- Fall Candles // This is my all time favorite fall candle. Who doesn’t want their house to smell like the great outdoors?
- Autumn Sign // Handmade signs to pretty up the place. This quote makes me happy.
- Cozy Throw // Snuggling up on the couch is always better when you have a cute blanket.
- Flannel Shirt // My name is Ashley and I am addicted to flannel shirts.
- Red Nail Polish // It’s the only time I wear red nail polish for some reason…
- Moccasins // True story: I buy this exact pair of moccasins every single year.
- Pumpkin Tea Towel // I am sucker for a cute tea towel, and I am sucker for pumpkins.
- Plaid Pillows // Flannel and plaid are basically the same (therefore refer to #6).
My (fake) pumpkins are out! Fall decorating is in the works at my house! It took me a million years to decide on a color scheme this year, but I stuck to the traditional orange, green, reds. I cannot wait to share! Enjoy your week!