All in the Details

Vintage Home Office

You know when you have one of those rooms that you just cannot get right for the life of you? You slap on a new coat of paint, thinking maybe that is the problem. It wasn’t. You move around furniture but it just doesn’t feel or look right. You have a million nail holes in the wall from the countless amount of wall hangings you hung, then removed, then hung again. That pretty much sums up my home office. It started with a sports theme, but then I convinced my husband to pack it all up and let me decorate it like I wanted! To be fair, I was working my day job from home at the time so I was spending forty hours a week staring at baseballs and hockey pucks. I was ready for a change, and about a few dozen attempts later, I think it’s time to share the current state of my Vintage Home Office!

Vintage Home Office

We have some much needed updates to our house coming soon (hello new floors!), which will make the overall look of our house change pretty significantly. So while I love the way my office looks now, it is subject to change, as every room is! I gave this particular room a little bit of a different look than most of my others farmhouse styled rooms. It is full of my favorite vintage flea market finds, is a little darker, and has a bit of an industrial, rustic vibe. It’s a great atmosphere to work in, so I am excited to share it!

Vintage Home Office

I still love this Farmhouse Desk Makeover we made out of an old modern Target desk. It was such a cheap and easy way to update a piece of furniture than just didn’t work with my style anymore.

Vintage Home Office

These two awesome chalkboards were a DIY project I did last fall, and I am obsessed with them! In all honesty, I have never even written on them. I love the way they look with just a little chalk seasoning so they give an old and well used vibe, when really, they are neither!

Vintage Home Office

Last weekend I decided that I needed shelves, stat! What better way to get the quick fix than to make them, because that is just what I do! I grabbed a piece of wood, stained it, and attached a few shelf brackets, and voila! You can now find some of my favorite finds and purchases displayed on them.

Vintage Home Office

I moved my DIY Office Memo Board and hung it vertically rather than how I had it horizontally. It’s super convenient to hang cards or invitations on, as well as decorate it with some cute flash cards, paint samples, and awesome letter and number tags.

Vintage Home Office

This white dresser was a hand me down passed through my family. It looked completely different when I got my hands on it and was one of the very first furniture makeovers when I was  a teenager. I made the huge mistake of painting it an awful espresso and recently redid it for a second time. See the makeover here.

Vintage Home Office

Hope you love it, until I update it AGAIN…

• Reply Jessica rose July 13, 2016 at 8:02 am

It turned out beautiful! I love it all so much…

• Reply Barbara H. July 13, 2016 at 8:16 am

I got some ideas from your post. Thank you! I just started following you – think I found you from a comment you left on a blog.

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 16, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Oh I love when that happens! So glad you found me! Thank you so much for stopping by!

• Reply Kristi July 13, 2016 at 8:27 am

It turned out so beautifully! LOVE all the those gorgeous vintage touches!

• Reply Ashley July 13, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Would love to see an actual shot of the room instead of details.

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 16, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I totally know! I took a million shots of the full room and wasn’t confident enough in my photog skills to post them! I am hoping to try again and add them in! I know those shots are the best ones! Sorry about that girl!

• Reply Colleen July 14, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I love it, especially all of the little details!
    Colleen recently posted…Summer Home Tour – Relaxed & AiryMy Profile

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 16, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Thank you Colleen, I really appreciate that! Details are my favorite part of a space!

• Reply Katie @ Little House of Four July 24, 2016 at 9:47 pm

This space is gorgeous! I love all the cool vintage pieces and DIY projects.

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 28, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Katie! Thank you so so much! The vintage pieces are my favorite too!

• Reply Sam @ Raggedy Bits July 28, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Your office is beautiful! Love all of your sweet vintage goodness!

• Reply | BHG Style Spotters November 11, 2016 at 8:01 am

[…] working from home. After a few paint colors and decor changes, she fell in love with her finished farmhouse-inspired workspace. Stained wood and old-fashion finishes are the perfect […]

• Reply Favorite Posts of 2016 - Little Glass Jar December 28, 2016 at 12:01 am

[…] Vintage Home Office […]

• Reply D'Ann January 11, 2017 at 5:46 pm

I have just discovered your site and I’m soooo excited! Your decorating style is just what I love. You’ve inspired me to redo the home office and I’ve already made the chalkboard wall hangings, which turned out great! I really want a black desk lamp like the one you show here – where did you get it? I’ve been having a hard time finding one I like. Thanks so much.

• Reply Ashley Broviak January 12, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Thank you so much for all the compliments! I am so happy you are here 🙂 I found the desk lamp at Target! I know I’ve seen some like it still there so you might be in luck! I’m sure your home office is going to turn out fabulous!