Organization

Greeting Cards

I’m not sure if I am the only person who does this, but I keep all of the birthday cards, holiday cards, thank you cards, and whatever else cards that are given to me. I can’t help it, I love cards!  I also have a habit of collecting blank cards, particularly the adorable Target Dollar Spot ones. I am completely obsessed with them.  I think cards are so special, especially when a person takes the time to write a personal note in them. I will admit, I am that girl in the greeting cards aisle at the store who takes forever, but I am not sorry.  I love finding the perfect one.

That being said, my card collection has been stuffed in random small gift bags and has been just sitting in our basement since we moved in. I have four of these. Such a mess!

Organize: Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Recently on a trip to Michaels I came across these fantastic Card Keeper plastic organizers. They even come with six adjustable dividers so you can separate birthdays, holidays, etc.  I thought they would be great to store all of my cards in, so I bought a few of them and they worked perfectly for what I needed.  I added my favorite Martha Stewart Home Office bookplates that I found at Staples to the outside of the organizers and printed labels for them. For the inside dividers I just printed on clear labels for each one.

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

My blank cards collection I decided to display in this vintage locker basket I bought at an antique mall. I thought they were just too cute to tuck away in a box. Let me know what you think!

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Greeting Cards

Organize Gretting Cards

Ashley

• Reply Lisa G June 20, 2016 at 11:18 am

Hi there! I just found your blog via Pinterest and am loving it! I have to let you know also that I too save ALL the cards I get, I even have all the ones my hubby and I received for our wedding 25 years ago! I know some would tsk tsk us, however I just cant throw them away, especially the ones which are funny, cute, sentimenal, Hallmark, non-Hallmark etc etc LoL “Someday” Ive planned to organize them and now youve inspired me! There are also Pintetest ideas to put them on the binder rings like a book I may try for some. I also LOVE giving cards and find its a lost art! I have my very own “Hallmark” store as my darling hubby has said for years and love filling up the white space (Im known to not leave much, if any white space….isnt that what Hallmark created all that white for?! People love getting them and I love letting them know how I feel. I also doodle in my own way, Im no “arTeest” LoL Will be back and look forward to trying all your ideas!

• Reply Ashley Broviak July 5, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Thanks so much Lisa! I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has an attachment to greeting cards!!! I just can’t bring myself to throw them out! XO!

• Reply Lisa G June 20, 2016 at 11:23 am

I forgot to mention I LOVE looking for the perfect card too! Im known to steal away and head for the card section or the local card store by the grocery store, which by the way also has fab pens to write the cards with! As for current storage situation for my cards….Ive got a few places LoL the wedding ones and a bunch of others are in one of those large zipper bags bedding comes in and a few drawers more recently when I was just quickly trying to tuck them away temporarily. One other spot I have is a cute photo box Ive tucked in all the cards my very special friend Kari has sent. Shes one of the last few like us who sends and loves cards lol

• Reply Kendra August 22, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Hi!

I came across your blog from Pinterest. I actually have one of these containers that I store my cards in, but its to organize outgoing cards for all those occasions in the upcoming year.

Anyways, I had a question regarding the container. Did you secure the dividers in any way? I feel as if when I’m looking for a card, the divider will slide out of its position. I thought about super gluing it, but didn’t want to make the forever commitment of not being about to switch it around in the future. Any thoughts? It might be possible that you don’t come across this since you are storing cards that your receive rather than giving.

Thanks!

Kendra

• Reply Ashley Broviak August 23, 2016 at 6:17 pm

That’s actually a great idea using them for outgoing cards too! I didn’t secure mine at all and they seem to work okay. But I see what you mean with them possibly sliding out of position. Maybe if you used a few dots from a hot glue gun it would hold, that always peels off pretty well when I need to remove it. Or those Velcro strips you could attach the bottoms to. I’ll have to experiment with mine and let you know if I find anything that works!

• Reply Kendra August 23, 2016 at 6:31 pm

The hot glue gun is a genius idea! I will have to try that this weekend and let you know. Thanks for brainstorming with me!